Egyptian Commercial and Trading Company Limited, Nominal 5 x
13 March 1865, 5 Shares of £ 20, #3783, 15.5 x 23 cm, black, beige. One of the oldest Egyptian shares certificates we have ever seen!
The company was founded on 18 June 1863 when the old bank of Briggs and Co. The company had the privilege of land development in upper Egypt and in parts of the Sudan. In the board of directors were several Egyptian government employees. The major purpose of this company was financing the Egyptian Khediven Ismail. The company failed in 1866 because the general financial situation in Egypt developed worse.
Zum Vergrößern klicken