Glasgow and South Western Railway, Nominal £500.
Ca. 1850, Blankett der Gründeraktie über Shares á £500, #27, 18 x 25,5 cm, schwarz, weiß, vier verschiedene Wappen-Vignetten in den Ecken.
Following an amalgamation the Glasgow and South Western Railway was formed in 1850. It served a triangular area of south-west Scotland, between Glasgow, Stranraer and Carlisle. In cooperation with the London and North Western Railway it was able to serve London. The company became a constituent of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway at the 1923 grouping of the railways.
Click to enlarge