Milan, 15...mehr Banco Ambrosiano Societá per Azioni, Nominal 5 x 1.000 Lire.
Milan, 15 May 1974, 5 Azioni de 1,000 Lire, Series C, #4412, 23 x 32.6 cm, red, black, brown, superb underprint.
Die Banco Ambrosiano wurde 1896 in Mailand gegründet. Bis zu ihrem Konkurs 1982 sorgte das Finanzinstitut für mehrere Skandale und in den 1970er-Jahren war die Bank Mittelpunkt eines der schmutzigsten Finanzskandale aller Zeiten. Roberto Calvi, Präsident der Bank, und seine Helfer gründeten mehr als 200 "Geisterbanken", reine Briefkastengesellschaften, um so Transaktionen zu verschleiern. In den Skandal verwickelt waren neben Calvi auch der Chef der vatikanischen Bank Istituto per le Opere di Religione, Erzbischof Paul Casimir Marcinkus, die Mafia, die Loge P2 und viele weitere zwielichtige Gestalten.
Turin, 25 October 1862, Azione di 500 Lire, #6811, 18.7 x 39.3 cm, black, beige, some coupons remaining, text in Italian, on back in French and English.
The company was incorporated in 1862. It built and operated irrigation canals. The water was supplied by the rivers Po, Dora Baltea and Sesia
Rome, 8 March, 5 Bonds for 100 Lire, Certificate-#573, Shares-#1861-5, 23.5 x 37 cm, brown, blue, some coupons remaining, superb design with allegories, airplan, ship, horse carriage, and railway
Milan, 1 August 1893, 1 Azione di preferenza da nominale 500 Lire, #10409, 35.7 x 23.7 cm, black, grey, some coupons remaining, stamps, superb design with small locomotive in a vignette
Brussels, 22 January 1919, Action de Capital de 100 Francs, #1169, rest of coupons.
The company operated a line from Salerno (south of Naples) to the valley of Pompei.
Naples, 22 May 1809, Cedola di...mehr Cedola di Credito, Nominal 50 Dukaten.
Naples, 22 May 1809, Cedola di Credito for 50 Ducats, #12494, 22 x 18 cm, black, beige, printed on handmade paper, pen cancelled, signed by Jean Michel Agar, Count de Mosbourg.
Jean Antoine Michel Agar (1771-1844) was a high state official at the time of Napoleon. He became provisional commissioner of Tuscany in 1799. Tuscany was conquered by French troops in 1799, and named Kingdom of Etruria in 1801. Agar was Minister of Finance in the Grand Duchy of Berg between 1806 and 1808. Joachim Murat awarded him the title of a Comte de Mosbourg at that time. This meant the power of land and castle Morsbroich (today Leverkusen, Germany). Murat appointed him as Minister of Finance of the Kingdom of Naples in 1808. Agar stayed there until the death of Murat in 1815.
187_, Unissued...mehr Tavarone Mining Company, Limited, Nominal 5 x £ 5.
187_, Unissued Certificate for 5 Shares á £ 5, o. Nr., 17.7 x 28.3 cm, black, white, vignette with woman.
Tavarone is a village in the province of Genova. There were the mines of the company.
Paris, 29 November 1888, Part de Fondateur, #23600, coupons, light vertical fold.
19 September 2000, 1 American Depositary...mehr Fiat S.p.A., Nominal 1 ADR.
19 September 2000, 1 American Depositary Share, #MP316.
In 1899 the Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino (FIAT) was founded under the leadership of Giovanni Agnelli. The company produced cars, trucks, busses, tractors, trains, airplanes and engines.
Paris, 12 July 1869, 6 % Bond for 400 Francs, #13668, some coupons remaining, superb with different views.
The company operated the slaughterhouses of Naples.
Cagliari, 31 March 1925, Share of Lire 250, #565, 35,2 x 28,3 cm, green, black, very decorative with two vignettes of buildings, beautiful art nouveau.
The company was founded in 1923. The capital of Lire 240,000 was divided into 960 Shares each 250 Lire. There were also share certificates which represented more than one share.
Padua, 1 April 1960, 5.50% Obligation for 5 x 10,000 Lire, #88, cancelled by perforation, embossed seal, orange revenue stamp, rest of coupons.
Turin, 1 November 1921, Share of 10 x 100 Lire, #1619, some coupons remaining, vignette with building.
a) Brussels, 21 September 1922, Action de Capital de 500 Francs, Series A, #381, 35.3 x 25.5 cm, ochre, blue, coupons, only 1,000 shares issued; b) like a), but Series B, #1679, orange, ochre, only 3,000 shares issued; c) like a), but Part de Fondateur, #860, green, 1,500 issued.
The company operated an embroidery.
Brussels, 14...mehr Tramways de Palerme S.A., Nominal Action Ordinaire.
Brussels, 14 December 1923, Action Ordinaire, #22314, hole cancellation, very decorative design with several vignettes.
Modena, 1 January 1879, 4.5 %...mehr Comune di Modena, Nominal 500 Lire.
Modena, 1 January 1879, 4.5 % Prestito for 500 Lire, III. Emissione di Lire 64,000, #380, 13 x 26 cm, green, black, KR, revenue stamps, hole, stamp cancelled.
Lucca, 1 February...mehr Societá Ginnastica Lucchese, Nominal 10 Lire.
Lucca, 1 February 1884, Bond for 10 Lire, #10, 22.1 x 23.8 cm, olive, black, superb.
Rome,...mehr Societa Romana per le Ferrovie del Nord, Nominal 10 x 100 Lire.
Rome, 1 June 1924, Titolo al Portatore di 10 Azioni da 100 Lire, #30498/34971-80, coupons.
Liége, 1 December 1905, Share of 500 Francs, #485, 37.8 x 26 cm, brown, hole cancellation, a bit clinched, stamp, superb with spring, ships, view of the Mount Vesuvius, Acquedotto Piemontese per Torino, and Acquedotto dei Comuni Vesuviani.
The Belgian company was incorporated in 1894. It built water supply systems in Italy
Cremona, 31 March 1926, 100 Shares of 500 Lire, #303, 26 x 39.7 cm, ochre, grey, black, brown, folds, small tear, otherwise EF, superb design with vignette with company plant, two portrait vignettes with the company's founder Antonio Anelli and with the famous Cremonese violine maker Stradivarius, signed by Pietro Anelli.
Antonio Anellia (1795 – 1883), nickname El Pitturin, was a very versatile craftsman. He sculpted statues of saints in wood, he was a painter, and he decorated and gilded candlesticks and frames. He moved to Codogno in 1836, where he started the production of pianos. Especially his grandson Pietro Anelli gained international fame. He also built organs and pianos. He worked together with the English organ manufacturer George Trice in Genoa in 1880. Together with him he founded Trice, Anelli & Cie. Pietro built the organs in S. Marco in Venice, and S. Fedele in Verona. He returned to Codogno in 1891 and decided to build pianos. The company moved to Cremona in 1908, and it was changed to a joint-stock-company in 1918. He produced four pianos per day in 1924
Bologna, 3 April 1895, 1 Share, #166, 31 x 22.1 cm, blue, ochre, black, folds, stamp cancelled.
The Cassa di Risparmio in Bologna (Carisbo) was founded on 26 September 1837. The bank has been part of Intesa Sanpaolo Group since 2007
Rome, 3 November...mehr Societá Marmifera Nord-Carrara, Nominal 5 x 250 Lire.
Rome, 3 November 1901, 5 Shares of 250 Lire, Certificate-#1137, Share-#1681-5, 22.5 x 34.8 cm, red, some coupons remaining, minor fold, small tears on top, one tear repaired, superb design with coat of arms and two vignettes
Rome, 18 March 1909, Founders Share of 100 Lire, #436, 24.5 x 37.4 cm, brown, oliv, beige, KB, border with many animals, Schmitz/Metzger 41.1.
On 5 January 1911 Ernesto Natha, the Mayor of Rome, inaugurated the first Zoological Garden of Rome after a construction period of not even two years. As soon as 1909 he founded the above-named company. The principal of one million lire was distributed on 10,000 shares. During WW I the Zoo came into massive financial difficulties. In order not to have the Zoo closed, it was taken over by the City of Rome on November 20, 1917.
Milan, July 1977,...mehr Pirelli Società per Azioni, Nominal 25 x 1.000 Lire.
Milan, July 1977, Share of 25 x 1,000 Lire, #450745, 33.5 x 21.3 cm, blue, grey, black, folds, superb with view of cable spools and tires, some coupons remaining.
Pirelli was founded by Giovanni Battista Pirelli in 1872. The company manufactured products from rubber. The product portfolio changed from cables to tires as time went on
Savona, 1 June 1888, 5 Shares of 500 Lire, Certificate-#2510, Shares-#10146-50, 25.5 x 40 cm, pink, black, small tears, some coupons remaining, superb design with coat of arms and company plant in the border.
The company, symbol of Savona's economic-industrial start, was founded by Giovanni and Giuseppe Tardy in 1860 . It was erected for the operation of a cast iron foundry. The company name was changed to Tardy and Benech with the entry of Stefano Benech in 1862. In 1885, the denomination changed again into Società Anonima Metallurgica Tardy and Benech for the operation of the previous plant, for the production of iron and steel, for the smelting of cast iron and other forge works. Not bearing the ruthless national competition, he declared bankruptcy in 1892. The following year the plants were taken over by Terni and, in 1900, a consortium of industrialists - including Giuseppe Tardy once again - acquired the factory from Terni and renamed it the Steel Company of Savona. ILVA, Italsider and OMSAV followed. With the closure of OMSAV - Officine Meccaniche Savonesi, the driving force of the city, more than a century of Savonese industrial economy ended